Monday, April 14, 2008

Life Post December
Life always seems to work in extremes. At one end you have work load, too much work, work pressure, all assignments to be done, several reports to be written, deadlines to be met...GOD ! Why is it so hectic? Why should I do all the work? "I need a break" !

This thought has crossed my mind several times, during the last two years. (Pre - December). My last year at TCS and my first year at IIT, were probably the most hectic phase I can think off. I don't think the concept of weekend existed (in practice). Sundays were spent either in office (It didnt help that I lived 10 min from my workplace or working on some assignment/ preparing for some quiz / reading some business magazine @IIT). At IIT, I used to take the Sat evenings off, a walk in Besant Nagar beach to unwind....

Cut to my life post December and more importantly post Feb. Absolutely nothing to do! Yes, I wanted to enjoy my last few days here, have fun... But then I have never felt so "jobless" ever. There are times when I dread to go back to my room, thinking " What will I do there" ?

I happened to discuss about this topic during my regular "chai-trips" ( I say, chalo chai peete hain, but end up having coffee ! ) with my friend. What came out was that we have become rusted ! Pre December the mind was sharp and we could think on our feet. But now, we hardly think. Yes we have had our share of fun, but then the level of "intellectual stimulation" has gone down to zero. We no longer read the paper, business magazines seem like greek and latin, forget about books !

We just hope that the this period is just an abberation and we get back to the good habits cultivated during the first 18 months of our stay here ! It is vital and essential....
For the ones who are contantly thinking and reading are the ones who are happy !

No comments: