Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Week That Was.............


That was one heck of a week ! " Kya load tha yaar "....When we hear such statements, its usually in the negative connotation. But for me, it was the opposite...

I had one of a week, a week which gave me moments to feel proud that I am part of this institution. Hearing the Director and the distinguished alumni speak, gave me goosebumps. It made me realize the value of my education. The distinguished alumni awards was one program I liked the most. They were winners from different walks of life; each of them having won numerous awards. But all of them said the same

" There is nothing like coming home and being recognized".

That moment was awsome......and will standout.

I strongly believe that our batch has a few people who are capable and if I may stick my tounge out, will win this award in a few years time.

(It would take anywhere between 15 to 20 years, but it would happen, You can call this as my Intution and like many of my other ones, this will come true !!! )

This was a week where I ate a lot of PBMs (Paneer Butter Masalas). Invariably ate out everyday and PBM was always on the menu. A week where I went to SAC for one last time to attend a formal function. It was so fitting that this was the best ever I have seen @SAC. The Pampa night had us all in splits!! The Mujra dance!!!

This was a week where I sat down at the beach staring at the moon while the waves were roaring (dono of a much more brilliant sight), where I went on a long walk in the beach. The informal farewell gave me a chance to do so. A week where we rocked the dance floor, again for one last time.

This was a week where I heard my HOD and profs speak in a public forum, for one last time and invariably my eyes got wet. All of them stressed on the importance of ethics in life. When our HOD referred to 'coming back to your home', I immediately connected it with what the distinguished alumni award winners said !.......A week where Mystik Musings gave their last public performance and a week where we sang 'On a Cool Summer Morning...' for one last time !!

A week where
I laughed................,
I joked..................,
I took a lot of pics.....,
I "chulled" (yes, this word is the latest addition to the Oxford dictionnary),
and when no one was watching, Silently shed a few tears..................

A Week that I'l remember for a lifetime....

No comments: