Saturday, March 08, 2008

Hitting Off
Had a strange experience today...Worth writing about. It was around 7.15 pm and I decided to go for a jog (Have been promising myself that I'll be regular !). Ok..here I go...I start jogging at my usual slow pace. I look around and find that there are atleast a couple more people who think that the 'coolest' thing to do on a Saturday night is to burn those extra calories !

As I complete my first round I can sense someone running at exactly my pace but a few yards away.I can hear the breath......I keep up the same pace, but now keenly listen to someone behind me..He follows me at the same rythemic pace. (I must clarify that I did not look back to confirm that it was a 'he'. Just that I don't expect a babe to follow me this way and that too at this place !)....Fine moving on...I complete a few more rounds and now I am clear that someone is following me...dhak.dhak..dhak...dhak.Suddenly I become a bit tense..Why should someone do that ? Sudden stream of thoughts....I reduce my pace a bit, thinking Il let him overtake me..But na...he was smart enough...He dropped a couple of yards as well....Fine I said..Il show you what I am made of...I suddenly shift into top gear and start sprinting...I think this is the fastest I have ever run for quite sometime...For a couple of seconds I cannot hear anyone and I think I have lost him !..Phew....What a relief......mujse takkar !

Dhak..dhak...dhakk...dhakk....within no time hes back...Sprinting..At the same pace...Now I do get worried..Running as fast as I can, but I realize that I am being followed at the same pace !......

I suddenly come to a screeching halt !...Turn back...and he halts too

"Man, you suddenly sprinted, were you trying to lose me? " He asked.
I did'nt want to admit it. I said "Na, I generally end it with a sprint".
Oh! I see, I was just trying to keep pace with you he says...I am from 4th year Elec, where are you from he asks ? "

And then follows a good 15 minutes of conversation. He asked me if I was a regular jogger and if it was right to sprint in the end. Shoul'dnt you slow down before coming to a halt ? Isn't this an amazing place to run? Are you regular? We discussed about all of these things. We discovered that both of us loved running in this beautiful campus and both were trying to be regular ! The discussion then went to how with MBA class schedules I sometimes find it difficult to take time off for jogging to how B Tech 8th sem was pretty cool !....

All this with someone I had never met before. We walked back to our hostels...Said Bye to each other......Strange right...Sometimes you just meet people..find something common, some area where you both are passionate about and just hit off !

Life is strange...But its nice !

No comments: