Friday, March 23, 2007



IDEAS...........

After 3 quarters of MBA, 16 final exams, countless quizzes and mid-terms I just thought about reflecting on the quality of some of the exam papers. Well, some of them have been absolutely amazing...The Operations Research Paper in Q2 stands out as being the best so far....There are quite a few close that rank second..One among them is my Q3 marketing paper....

Just thought of writing about it...
I recollect the joy on my face after completing the exams. Not because I had cracked it..Infact I hadnt....But because of the quality of questions....Simply amazing...Made me think, think and think again...And the question paper started with the following words ' Take a deep breadth, think, think again, collect your thoughts and then write'.....




Ok now to cut the long story short..There was a question which said

Explain 2 retail formats and then try marrying them and see what you get of it and if its a faesable option ?

I thought about it ( ya..for a change took 5 minutes to think !) and finally took a call that factory outlets and malls are the best options. The malls have a lot of footfalls but it doesnt translate into sales, what if all the leading brands open their factory outlets in a mall.....I also mentioned about having such malls near the IT parks , would definitely translate into higher sales.....

I put a lot of fundae justifying this.....
And now the best part...

Check out this article from Business Line..This came a couple of days back...

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/catalyst/2007/03/22/stories/2007032200210100.htm

Wow..exciting isnt it ?...Some idea which I felt was viable is actually being implemented...And I didnt know about it earlier....!!!

Encourages me to keep reading and keep thinking

No comments: